Mr.Ali Al Hammadi
CEO, Sora Marine Services Ltd.
- P.O. Box 22896, Doha, Doha, Qatar
- +974 4427 7171
Over 28 years of diverse experience in technical, operation, marketing and commercial roles serving at executive levels locally and internationally. Handled complex large deals reaching billions of dollars in value. Innovative and result driven leader focused on quality output and capable of handling multi strategic functions and always looking at the bigger picture.
CEO, Sora Marine Services Company Limited
Established the company from scratch (www.soramarine.com) to provide quality marine services to the marine industry in Qatar and the Arabian Gulf.
CEO, Qatar International Petroleum Marketing Company Ltd (Tasweeq)
Reporting directly to the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Energy and Industry. In charge of establishing and developing Tasweeq from scratch with the objective to market all hydrocarbon exports from the state of Qatar, except crude oil and LNG. Managed to flawlessly startup the company taking full responsibility of exports of regulated products, generating $ 18 billion of revenue in the first year of operation with hundreds of millions $ in documented added value. Due to this outstanding success crude oil was added in 2009 to the portfolio of the company making Tasweeq responsible for generating more than 60% of the State revenue. During the 2 years of operation the company:
• Sold, delivered all the cargoes (on FOB and Delivered basis) on schedule at the highest market value, and timely executed all financial transactions through the in-house developed, state of art, integrated transaction system named Q-Trade.
• Developed and implemented a world class system for Tasweeq consistent with the best practices in the industry.
• Developed and implemented a quality ships vetting system (Serdal) for QP controlled ports, making Qatar the leading nation in adapting this advance and sophisticated quality assurance system for ships.
Director Marketing, Qatar Petroleum (QP)
Reporting directly to the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Energy and Industry. In charge of all marketing activities of Qatar Petroleum (QP). Primary objective of the appointment is to undertake the restructuring work of QP Marketing Directorate and be in charge of the preparatory works for Tasweeq establishment. The work included:
• Chaired the Technical Committee (TC) on behalf of the Government to study and recommend the optimum marketing arrangement for the Regulated Products. The TC interacted extensively with the industry in Qatar and various law firms in Europe and the US on anti competition and antitrust laws. After the approval of its recommendations by the Government, the TC was requested to undertake the full process of issuance of the Emiri Decree and all the preparatory works for Tasweeq including and up to the startup. During the overlap period, had to handle dual roles as Director of QP marketing and Tasweeq’s CEO.
COO, Commercial & Shipping, Qatargas
Reporting to the CEO. In charge of all marketing and shipping activities of LNG during the period in which the expansion of Qatargas was negotiated and firmed up making this 10 million tones company the largest LNG producer in the world. During this time a commitment for the development and marketing arrangements of 32 million tones of LNG per year was negotiated. Complex marketing arrangements were negotiated with large IOCs which resulted in much improved terms and conditions for QP and the Government.
• Successfully negotiated the development and marketing arrangements of QGII with ExxonMobil, QG 3 with ConocoPhillips and QG4 with Shell. Total development value of these projects is the region of $ 30 billions. The term of the Sale and Purchase Agreement for these projects is 25 years each with expected combined revenue worth over $ 200 billions.
• Successfully negotiated many smaller deals for long and medium terms with various buyers in Europe and Japan.
Deputy COO, Commercial & Shipping, Qatargas
In charge of successfully marketing the sale of spot cargoes and the 3 million tones coming out of Qatargas 1 de-bottle-neck project.
GM of QG Japan Liaison Office & Project Manager, Japan
Initially assignment is to oversee the project management of the first LNG ships to be built for Qatar. 10 ships were ordered making this deal the largest shipping contract in the world at the time. The main office for the project management was in Tokyo with 3 satellite offices in Chiba, Nagasaki and Sakaidi. During this period achieved the following:
• Delivery of 10 LNG carriers on time, on budget and in compliance with the spec.
• Opened and managed the first Liaison office for Qatargas in Japan.
• Managed to successfully coordinate the closure of the first LNG pricing negotiation with the Japanese buyers after 5 year long negotiations.
Deputy Port Manger, Ras laffan port, QP
Responsibilities include temporary operation of some berths and pre-startup works for the largest LNG port in the world.
Marine Engineer, Offshore Operations, QP
Stationed at Halul island responsible for the maintenance and operations of QP owned crafts and the Single Buoy Mooring (SBM). Acting as a Harbor Master during the frequent absence of the Harbor Master. Duties include being part of Qatargas Shipping Team to procure the first LNG ships for Qatar.
Cadet & 4th Engineer, United Arab Shipping Company, Kuwait
4 years of sailing experience world wide on board general cargo ships as part of training to obtain Marine Engineer Certificate.